Tuesday, October 4

Perfect Package~

It's time for another My Favorite Things Guest Designer contest. The theme for October is "Perfect Package". I had to think about this theme for a few days. Then it hit me. Well it was pretty obvious really! HALLOWEEN! It's seasonally appropriate, one of My Favorite holidays, and I just got the new Pure Innocence Little Witch from the last MFT release! KISMET! So here is my perfect package~ Halloween style...



What we have here is a card, goody bag with gift tag topper, candle (for decoration only, not to be lit), decorative jar of candy corns, and a candy bucket. I used a lot of the same elements to help tie all of the items together. Cute little witch PI is paper pieced and colored with Copic Markers. I think the thing I love the most about this set is that just by changing a few basic elements it would be perfect for any gift giving occasion (Christmas, baby shower, Valentines Day, Mother's Day etc...). 




The Candle and Goody Bag have basically the same tag, give or take a few elements. I hand rolled the black seam binding roses. The "Boo" banner on the card and banner around the candy corn jar is fabric that I ran through the Big Shot with my MFT Pennant Die-namic. Once I had punched out a whole bunch I threaded them with a needle and voilĂ  instant mini banner! :) I have to admit discovering this made me ridiculously happy! LOL! The candy bucket is from Target Dollar Spot. I wrapped it in the same fabric (that I got at Joanns) and attached my ribbon combo and layered tag.



Here's a close up of the goody bag. The topper is a Fabric Top Note Die and then my layered tag. A bit of SU! and Offray ribbon complete the look and keep the cello bag closed and the goodies inside! :)


The card features a "BOO" banner. The letters are old Creative Memories letter stickers but, any small white letters would do! Since my Janome and I are still not speaking I faux stitched around my card with my Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen. The candle is pretty basic. I wrapped it with fabric and attached my layered tag. This is definitely for decoration only. No fire please! ;) That's it in a nut shell. I had a lot of fun creating this ensemble. If you have any questions please let me know in the comments. I really hope that I get the chance to play along with the uber talented girls at MFT and share more amazing projects with you as the Guest Designer. It would be a huge honor! The other entries into this months contest are seriously amazing! You can check out all of the eye candy here! I wish all of the girls who entered the best of luck! Stop back later in the week for a step by step tutorial on how I created my layered tag. I may even try out a few themes.:) As always thanks for looking!


I Played Here~
The Pink Elephant~ Trick or Treat


Supplies~ Cardstock- SU!, Ink- SU!, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen. Stamps- MFT Pure Innocence, Verve Sweet Scallop Tag, Bountiful Harvest. Die-namics- MFT Fancy Flourish, Open Scallop Border, Open Scallop Doily Duo, Pennant. Cut Above Die- Verve Sweet Scallop. Ribbon- SU!, Offray, Divine Twine (MFT), Seam Binding. Flowers- Prima. Fabric & Candle- Joanns. Metal Bucket- Target. Thread- Coats and Clark. 


4 comments:

Chez Terez said...

I love this little bundle of joy, Steph! Nice work. xo Terez

Peggy said...

Wow! These are wonderful projects. Great job!! Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

cebelica said...

Oooh, these are so fun! Fantastic work! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!

Angela Thomas said...

WOW!!! This is outstanding!!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

Popular Posts