Thursday, June 20

Free Spirit~

I have been in a huge art journal mood this week. It's largely due to this and this. How could I not be inspired? I adore the freedom of the art journal, there are no wrong answers and I can't mess anything up! It's creative playtime at it's absolute best. If you have never tried it, I highly recommend it! I generally don't choose to share my journal pages.



My art journal right now is a moleskin paper covered notebook. The pages are thin and definitely not meant for the wet medium that I slap down at any given moment. I am doubling up the pages and generously using gesso. So far I haven't had any bleeding from one page to the next. However some of the pages are terribly crinkled. I would hate this if it wasn't just for playtime. I am embracing that and enjoying the added texture! What we have here is messy, smeary fun! Experimenting with doodling, stamping in layers, rub-ons, coffee filters and more. Plus, it was so liberating to make. Like a giant breath of fresh air. So what are you waiting for? Go have some messy fun today!
xoxo~

1 comment:

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Steph, It was nice to see that you stopped by my Doodle Pieces and thank you for the lovely comment you left. I also want you to know that I have been loving the new style of work you have been doing lately, especially the ones with your original drawing and painting. I also love this messy, smeary fun as you refer to it, very cool. There is something quite satisfying about mucking about with lots of paint and crinkling can be a good thing.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Popular Posts