Wednesday, July 3

Art Journal Love~

I have been in a wee bit of a creative rut the past few weeks. It's so frustrating to want to create but to feel completely creatively blocked! I decided that the best thing to do would be to turn to my Art Journal. A little creative play was just want I needed to overcome my lack of creative inspiration.


I thought that a bit of doodling would be fun. I am not the best doodle artist in the world but, it was fun (when my pen would cooperate). I also thought it was a neat way to celebrate my new nephew! This is great for creating while enjoying a program in the evening or watching a sporting event. Gotta keep those hands busy.


This page didn't exactly go as planned. I wanted to play with my watercolors but, once I started using them I realized that they really were not good. I picked up a new set of basic Crayola watercolors like I use to have back in elementary school and the difference was amazing! I can't wait to play around with them more. 


Lastly, I have had this box of what I thought were oil pastels and upon further inspection they are actually super waxy crayons. Lily (two) decided that it would be fun to color with Mommy, so this is our first collaborative piece. :) It's no masterpiece but, the process reminded me of how much I love to just color. No pressure, just pure joy! I fully recommend it! 
I am off to run some errands. First the library and then to stock up for our Fourth of July festivities! The kids are so excited! Have a fun and fabulous day!
xoxo~


No comments:

Popular Posts