Wednesday, August 7

Yesterday's Junk~

Hello friends! I can hardly believe that we are down to our last month of Summer break. This has been an interesting season of art for me. It's been all about the art journal. Lately I have been working in short, intense bursts of creativity. I'll work on four or five pages at the same time. This does mean that there are a lot of repeated elements from page to page, yet they all still manage to maintain their individual identity.



What I see emerging is messy and free! Lots and lots of lovely texture. I haven't left my love of painting girls on canvas, this is just what is in me right now! It reads "You can't reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday's junk." Louise Smith. Wise words to remember! So, what are you going to create today? Make it messy! 
xoxo~

2 comments:

Monique said...

Love this journal page and the quote is so true. I wrote it down immediately in my little black quote booklet.
xx Monique

froebelsternchen said...

LOOKS GREAT!
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

Popular Posts