Monday, November 11

Piece of My Heart~

Happy Monday friends! We had a fabulous weekend celebrating my son's birthday. I even managed to get in a little creative time. SCORE!



I just had to share this darling little patch of mushrooms that greeted me this morning. I half expect to see a little fairy dancing amongst the stems. :)



Getting down to the art. I created two, yes TWO pages on Saturday (queue happy dance)!

I will always have this piece of my heart that smiles whenever I think of you.

This is a really simple page. Sometimes you just need to slap down some color, add a little texture and write what is in your heart. Don't overcomplicate the process. Brilliant!



I will stand in the storm and not be blown away.

This piece has taken so many different forms before it arrived at a place where I really felt like it was complete. Seriously, layers and layers and that's the way that I like it! HA! :) I have been wrestling with my art lately. Should I continue to pursue this dream or is it time to figure something else out? Could I actually walk away from my paintbrushes? Beating my head against the wall asking myself "What is the point?". I guess for me I just need to take a deep breath and realize that art makes me happy and I could never really give it up. However, I don't know that I could make a living at it. Reality can be a real bummer! :)  Thanks so much for stopping by.
xoxo~



1 comment:

Tracy said...

You're a true artist, Steph - one of those people who have to make art, whether anyone else sees it or not, to make your heart happy. Keep going! These pages are fun, so full of vibrancy.

Popular Posts