Wednesday, July 22

#OneBookJuly2015 Week 3

I adore the planner girls with their fancy, decorated planners. They are so inspirational! I sadly and not one of them. My planner is mostly functional with a dash of pretty thrown in to keep things interesting. I have been watching several planner girls over on youtube and two of my favorite girls (Rhomany's Realm and Carie Harling) created the One Book July challenge, last year. This year I thought I would jump in with both feet and participate. The idea behind the challenge is to simplify your planning system and see if you can make it work with less. I created a new, smaller Shidori for the challenge. 


I started with a piece of veg tanned leather cut to my desired dimensions. This is the same size as a pocket Midori. 


I rounded the edges and punched holes in the spine for the elastic. Next I oiled the leather with jojoba oil. Then I stained the leather a gorgeous timber brown. I love how there are tiny differenced in the color, like marbling. Of course I forgot to put gloves on before I started working with the stain an ended up with brown hands for a couple days. :)


The leather is wearing so beautifully. I love every little crease and mark. I finished the Shidori off with white elastic (because it's what I had on hand) and a little silver charm. You can see what it looks like on the inside in the video down below, as well as my progress in this one book for July. Thanks for stopping by. 
xoxo,




No comments:

Popular Posts