Wednesday, July 13

Shabby Chic & a Small Haul~

Top of the err afternoon to ya stampers! :) I have a little something different to share with you today plus a small haul. First the haul, then the creation.



I took a little trip to my local craft store and treated myself to a few goodies. Now I am sure these lovelies aren't really "new" but, they are new to me. As soon as I stumbled onto the Basic Grey aisle I knew I was in trouble. Seriously, these papers are so gorgeous. I knew I couldn't choose and I couldn't buy them all in full sheets so I decided a 6x6 pad was the way to go. I mainly make cards these days anyway! I settled on Sweet Threads and Life of the Party. I got lucky that the My Minds Eye Stella Rose was on sale so I snagged it too! Because they were having a tent sale they had Studio G clear stamps 4/$1. SCORE!!! Now, I don't think that you have to have pretty new paper to make pretty cards but, it sure is fun! I'm so excited to play with them!


Anyone who knows me knows that I am not really a Shabby Chic kind of girl but, this little name frame just kind of came together and I like it!



Now, I have to tell you that this photo just doesn't do it justice. I fell in love with this Die Cuts with a View paper the moment I saw it. I wanted to add to it not overwhelm it. It already has a lot going on. So I broke out the embossing powder for the letters and punched them out with my Curly Label punch. I created my own blend of silver and glitter embossing powder. It gives it a little added something. The ribbons are Fancy Pants "Fancy Free" collection. Everything else was stash. That is one of the best benefits of collecting so much craft stuff for years. Wonderful odds and ends to add just the right touch. I am planning on hanging this in my living room. I hope my husband likes it. LOL. Thanks so much for stopping by.



No comments:

Popular Posts