Sunday, September 11

No Patterned Paper~

Is it really Monday again? This weekend seemed to fly by. No worries kids! Monday means a new Elizabeth Mae's Challenge! This week the challenge is to create a card without using Patterned Paper. WHAT??? I know, I was a little nervous at first myself. Never fear, I challenged myself and you can too. It's fun and not as hard as I thought!



True Crafting Confession time. Creating a card without DP was stepping way out of my comfort zone. I started with a SU! Pumpkin Pie CS Base and added a layer of Apricot Appeal (which I had ran through the Big Shot on a texture plate). Then I colored the lovely Pixie Dust Fairy in with Copics and added some BLING. I sponged the edges for added depth. That's where things started to get a little pear shared. I kept switching different cardstock pieces back and forth. At one point I thought the card was done. After a few hours I realized that It just wasn't right so I took it apart down to the textured layer. It was then that things started to fall into place. The subtle blue & green layers and the sponged die cut butterfly wrapped in Divine Twine. And there you have it, No Patterned paper. I do hope you will play along this week at Elizabeth Mae's. Who knows you could win some free digi's if you do! Until next time...


No comments:

Popular Posts