Monday, April 8

Cherish This Day~

I have been painting quite a lot lately which feels like a huge gift in the chaos that is my life! Sometimes I just have to take a breath and remind myself to be grateful for the NOW! If you blink it really will pass you by. There is nothing quite like loss to remind you to live! To make the most of the time that you have. To really savor everyday. The loss this time is not mine but, my sister Jessica's. It might as well be mine though. Jessica is my other half, the smile in my heart and the voice inside my head. We have this crazy amazing relationship that is a true gift. She lost a dear friend last week and I feel her sorrow, in the depths of my aching heart. I can't take the pain from her but, I can take those raw emotions and paint with them. 


Art therapy at it's best! A reminder to really cherish this day! I'm sorry to be so sappy! It's just such an important reminder to me. It's so easy to get swept up in the chaos of the day and forget the gift. I hope that you will make time to cherish what this day has given you. I'll be back soon with something a little lighter.
xoxo


Cherish This Day is an 8"x10" mixed media painting on canvas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your mixed media piece! I'm an new follower. Found you through The Outlawz blog followers forum!

Popular Posts