Wednesday, April 10

Delight in Life~

I am in the mood to Spring clean. To throw back the curtains and purge. This is just as much mental/emotional in some ways as it is my physical space. Sometimes it just feels so good to say adios to the stuff, to make everything clean and fresh. You know what I mean?


That's how I felt when I was creating this piece, that everything was fresh and new! Like a breath of fresh air. It could be that I recently dived in and bought 4 mini bottles of Golden Acrylic paint. I really wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. I mean paint is just paint, right? Oh, my heavens no!!! I am in love and I understand now. It came as a complete surprise to me a traditionally primarily blue paint girl that I would fall head over heels for Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold.  It's kind of hard to describe really but, it has this amazing buttery quality to it. It's transparent and vibrant at the same time. It is changing the way that I create and I am having to restrain myself from painting my whole canvas with it. I could go on and on. Bottom line, it's worth the splurge to check it out! You will love it too! 
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo~
Delight in Life is an 8"x10" mixed media painting on canvas.

No comments:

Popular Posts